Monday, October 10, 2016

I'm doing super good out here. Spanish is going well and I had my first baptism! It was a 10 year old girl. It was such a neat expirience! First week out and I'm baptizing. The work of the Lord. We're not aloud to eat anything super weird, so my diet consists of rice, chicken, bannanas, and water. But It's fine. The only problem I have with the food is that they feed me too much. It sucks having to eat three times as much as I'm used too. The first night I stayed at the assistants' house. My house is a castle compared to their's. Next time Audrey or Maddie complains about what they don't have, show them where I have to shower, when we have water. There are only 2 missionaries in Catamayo, and we're in a branch. There are a ton of inactives around here, so there's always work to do. I had to buy a blanket last week because it gets pretty chilly up here. So I bought the most normal one possible. I'm having fun out here, and Elder Merizalde is most of the reason. he's such and awesome guy. Also, I think I was called here because of the stupidity of the kids. I love them, but they're always running around with no shoes on and getting stabbed by one thing or another. So I have to bandage their feet up and do EMT stuff all the time. It's cool though. Not much else to report on, other than the kids love El Gringo, and the 20-odds hate me. The people are super awesome for the most part. We have to teach the word of wisdom a lot, because all the drunk dudes want to drink with the Gringo. It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment